Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Taylor's tips on how to not go crazy this semester....


I like many others, spend a reasonable amount of time during my day either messaging people through text messages, writing wall posts to any of my hundreds of facebook friends (over half of which I don't even know), and recently reading about each of my friends' every move on twitter. Now, would I call this a waste of time?


Absolutely not...


Everyday I am able to communicate and hear from people I most likely would not have spoken to that day. I think each of us as human beings really want to feel like they are a part of some kind of community. But with today's fast paced schedule, between work, school, and the other 50 things we do a week its no wonder we resort to uploading our lives online....and this can be a good thing. But it definitely does not replace the feeling of real communication between real people. So whether you have over 2000 friends online, or have no idea what facebook is and just want to hang out with some people my advice to you is, make the time. If you don't then, without a doubt, its just a matter of time until you burn out. I personally have no idea how I would remain sane throughout my crazy schedule without taking a occasional break to relax and hang out with my friends.

By the Way.....
If your looking for a good time to take a break and listen to some music this friday. From 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm SAC is having a open mic night in the loftin student center. Come take a break from life's crazy schedule....maybe even play a song for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment