Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day One - Success!

Hi everyone, my name is Tiffany and I am very excited about this opportunity! I'm majoring in journalism, hoping to transfer to UT Austin for my Bachelors and possibly a Masters. Today was my first chance to assist with orientation; all the new incoming students reminded me why the college journey is more than just academics, but also a rare chance to broaden our horizons past where we have been, inspiring us to work diligently towards our goals and expand our personal knowledge of ourselves and the world around us.

I took some time after high school (approximately four years) to experience the "real world," and I can honestly say that I have reached new heights in personal discovery within the mere two summer semesters I have attended than I had in the time I dwindled away between then and now. I hope I can assist other students in doing the same, the ultimate goal being to help these students integrate to college with as much ease as possible.

Today was great; the many new faces and intellectual minds ready to learn and interact with their fellow students amongst campus was not only reassuring to myself but hopefully my future classmates as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment